Thursday, January 12, 2012

oh-so-productive

Today I worked on web design. I hand coded two web pages off of a template. Through doing this I was able to refresh my memory on what tags to use for basic functions. This benefited me since I have been working in Dreamweaver and Fireworks lately, and they don't require hand coding.
 I specifically worked on framing a web pages, adding tables, making lists, and adding images.
By refreshing these skills, I am hoping to be able to start coding a web site
for my dad's business, because I will have to have several frames to help the flow of the design, as well as tables to show the pictures of his projects and past sells, and images for the actual design part of the website.

I also was prepping to be talent on a show that didn't end up running because our audio was having issues.
However, it wasn't the only thing having issues.

From these experiences today I learned that no matter how hard you try and how much effort you put into something, there will always be an outside source that will affect the result of your work.
 More often than not this outcome is not a desirable one, but hey, who cares?
Oh yeah, just my parents.

Bye

1 comment:

  1. BOOM. I appreciate the list of activities and the hand-coded-web-pages are impressive. I would like hear what you learned not what you did. If you were coding, did you learn new coding or design layout or try something you haven't done before? We need to do some practice for your Sterling Scholar stuff where you tell what you have done but also include what you have learned. Life skills like perseverance and the ability to adapt to change are great things to illustrate. The difference between skills and life lessons are like the difference between what you did and what you learned.

    ReplyDelete